Posted to alt.home.repair
dilbert firestorm[_3_] dilbert firestorm[_3_] is offline

Default bathtub draining

On 1/13/2015 10:35 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 11:00:50 PM UTC-5, dilbert firestorm wrote:
just curious...

what do you do if the bathtub is taking forever to drain?
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me

How old is the tub I had a super slow drainer that ended by replacing the drum trap with a regular trap, and replacing the copper drain line that was mostly filled with crud, to nice new smooth PVC

You can try drano or liquid plumber, but that lead to pinhole leaks, that grew to bring down my kitchen cieling.

Sometimes it just best to replace the mess. In my case that must be approaching 8 or10 years ago.

Before replacing the entire drain line it was getting pieced together every 5 years or so.

I pulled down all the drywall and plaster, and decided to get a plumber to do the job. The replacement line has better slope and drains great.

house was built in 1996. never had bathtub worked on until recently.

--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me