Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default OT - Browser issues?

Mayayana wrote:
| Actually you can do it either by resetting or reinstalling FF.
| I use Seamonkey and that's what I do when something goes wrong.
| Delete it and reinstall it, everything does not get lost doing
| this.

The two methods are a little different. All of the
personal settings are stored in your FF profile folder.
Unless you specifically remove those, a reinstall will
not affect anything there. A "reset" will leave personal
files in the profile folder, like bookmarks, while replacing
settings files like prefs.js with defaults.

Unfortunately, a reset is only really useful for
people who never actually deal with FF settings
in the first place. It's like doing a factory restore
of Windows -- works great for people who only use
their computer as a gmail terminal, but it's a big
hassle for anyone who really uses their computer.

For those of us who take the time to configure FF,
replacing all of those carefully chosen settings with
defaults would take an hour to fix.

Hi,
Like I said Seamonkey does not lose anything when reinstalled.
I think SM is FF and Thunderbird combination. Some times I have to
use IE because some applications IE is required. For example when
I use weblink to flash car remote starter blades from iDATAlink, I have
to use IE to log in. Also I use Safari on iOS stuffs.