Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Possible Frozen Pipe

wrote:
I forgot to put the foam cover on the water spigot in my unheated
garage. The pipe to the spigot runs for about ten feet through a wall
that is common with the garage and my living room. I turned off that
supply line in the basement; now I'm afraid to turn it back on in
case the pipe has burst. I can't think of any way to know if the pipe
burst without turning on the water and waiting to see if it comes
through the wall into the living room. Any better ideas?

If you drained the pipe after turning off the water, and the turn-off valve
works properly, you should have no problem