Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default bathtub draining

On 1/13/2015 11:00 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
just curious...

what do you do if the bathtub is taking forever to drain?

Clean the hair out of the drain. Had that problem with shower drain
years ago, and I got some stiff wire, fashioned a hook on the end and
stuck it down the drain about a foot....it felt so mushy, I thought the
drain might be broken and I was reaching mud. It took a little probing
to pull out the most ghastly glob of hair imaginable! It was surely 35
years worth, knowing age of building. Gack! The slow draining showed
up rather suddenly.