Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Toilet in the kitchen and other home inspection follies

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 06:03:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

The urinal and sink in an unfinished basement, they look properly
installed. Probably a code violation to have them in an unfinished
space, not in a bathroom enclosure, I guess.

If that's a code violation, then there are millions of them around the
country. I've seen many basement toilets in private homes that have no
walls around them. Back in the mid 1900's that was a popular thing to
do. The key word is "PRIVATE HOME". In a commercial building, there
would be rules, but for obvious reasons.