Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Cheap and cheerful bench power supply

On 14/06/2015 9:43 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful bench power supply. Here are the
desired specs:

50-0-50 Volts, variable.
0-3 Amps, variable.
Tracking

Ideally, I would like:

0-5 Amps
Linear rather than SMPS
230/240VAC

** All you need is one of these:

http://product-images.highwire.com/5569873/7432-6.jpg

plus a couple of 1.5V cells.

Gives you a dual tracking supply of 0 to +60V and -60V with single knob control and heaps of current available.

Hint: you switch the amp to "bridge" first.

**Nice idea, except I require variable current limiting as well. I
wanted to avoid a DIY exercise. In any case, I've pretty much decided
that a 30-0-30 @ 5A supply will do for the present time. 200 Bucks from
Rockby.

--
Trevor Wilson