Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Sony TCD-D8 DAT Walkman no longer fully loads tape cartidge.

On 12/06/2015 02:46, Rev. 11D Meow! wrote:
I've hunted all over and find decades old information on this being a
typical problem for this unit, but cannot find the parts &
instructions on how to fix it.

I Have The Tools

Anyone familiar with this situation on these units, so I can get mine
working again, please?

In the interim I bought their PCM-M1 in mint condition to get going
again, but it'd be really nice to get my old tried & true TCD-D8
running again as it's in pristine condition other than this failure to
load.

Thanks

If its like the D3 or D10 then no rubber bands to perish, direct motor
drives. First suspect would be the cassette detect switch bent or
corroded. If motor tries to work then perhaps its failure of the
multi-poles of the motor, they are so close together they jump and
"fuse" , whatever the terminology is. End result is loss of poles and
loss of torque or failure to turn more than part of a turn