Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Glue

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:556bbf14$0$39641
:

Do NOT use spar varnish, this table is not a spar.

Assemble everything then apply a marine coating.

My choice would be Epifanes marine coatings available from
Jamestown Distributors.

??? You're contradicting yourself. Epifanes is spar varnish.
So is Pettit Z-Spar (my preference) or Interlux.

Now, if you mean "do NOT use MinWax brand spar varnish" (or
any other brand sold at Home Depot), that I could agree with.
The label notwithstanding, I don't consider MinWax to be a
true spar varnish.

(btw, beware that Epifanes, et al, also make interior
varnishes which are not spar varnishes, and are not intended
for exterior use...read the labels).

John