Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Glue

On 5/30/2015 3:00 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
I am finishing up my first table. I made the top by gluing together
several pieces of wood. I made the legs out of 1X2 glue together to
make a right angle. One piece of the leg was ripped so the total leg
was the same length on both sides.

The legs were together with 1X3.

Now the table is nearing completing, I have a concern. I have attached
the top to the leg assembly with cleats dadoed in to the sides of the
leg assembly (1X3) The cleats securely hold the top to the legs, but I
would like to glue the cleats into the dado.

Alse since this will spend some of its time outside I would like to seal
all surfaces of the table by varnishing it before completion.

Will titebond or any glue make a satisfactory joint with a varnished
surface?

Now if your intention is to glue a varnished surface, YOU NEED EPOXY.

Wood glue works on wood, not varnish.