Posted to rec.woodworking
Ian Malcolm[_2_] Ian Malcolm[_2_] is offline

Default Glue

Keith Nuttle wrote in
:

The outdoor stone-patio use would be occasionally during the summer.
It would spend a lot of time on a wooden floored covered porch. The
rest of its time would be in my wife's studio.

I planned on putting some sort of button feet on the legs so they are
not in contact with the ground.

I assume the porch has one side open to the elements?

If so, its going to be subject to significant humidity and temperature
changes that make epoxy sealing the best option for long term stability,
especially if you haven't allowed for wood expansion/contraction due to
varying humidity in your design. If not its effectively indoors so dont
worry about it apart from a table cloth to keep the sun off it in the
porch, as indoor finishes and glues are fine for occasional outdoor use
in fair weather as long as you never leave it out if there is any risk of
rain or dew.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL