Ken Grunke

Default Just bought this on ebay.... advice needed

Nicholas Buttle wrote:
Hi

UK ebay item number 3827654102

Just bought it and wondered about fittings for the centres etc. I'm a
cabinet maker but not got much turning experience. I want to turn the
central pillar for a pedestal table for a friend.

Any info on types of gear appreciated and I'll try to get second hand
on ebay.

All you need to get started for spindle work are a drive prong center
and a tailstock cup center. Find out what type of tapers are in the
headstock and tailstock spindles--hopefully, morse taper #2 and/or #3
which are the common sizes for wood lathes.
For the cup center, a ball bearing unit would be better, but more expensive.
good luck,

Ken Grunke
SW Wisconsin
http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/
Member, Coulee Region Woodturners AAW chapter
http://www.crwoodturner.com/