Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default how much wood do you have on hand in months or years

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 11:25:41 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 10:33:42 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
how much wood do you have/keep on hand measured in months or years
not board feet or tonnage

For me, that's a loaded/odd question, in that, my circumstances are not likely the same as with others, here.

Probably/Maybe, unlike many of you, I have/I've made the space for storing my cache.

....snip...

I can't recall the last time I bought lumber for a specific (hobby/"domestic") project. I have bought shop remodel/construction supplies: T1-11 siding, facia boards, 1/2" CDX (for the interior sub-walls), 2X10s for making beams, and the like. I have a standby cache of 3/4" cabinet ply, some 1/2" CDX and some 1/4" & 3/8" luan, for whenever/whatever(?) needed.

Sonny

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the only wood you've bought is the wood required to build the storage space for the wood that you got for free. ;-)