Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Dishwashers

On 5/15/2015 7:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/15/2015 12:12 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

BTW what do you consider expensive for Jet Dry? I have never
considered it expensive.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Frankly, can't remember the price but it didn't trip any high price
flags when I bought it.

What I can remember was that way back then JET DRY was sold
in small packages, 3 oz maybe 4 oz packages while now you can
buy a 16 oz size(pint), which has had some impact on the retail price.

Lew

They also have competition from another brand (Finish?). A bottle lasts
a very long time so it is not a major cost per year.

As for the Cascade Platinum, I buy it at BJ's and it works out to less
than 22¢ a load. The KitchenAid is over a year old now and I'm still
amazed at how everything comes out sparkling clean, like brand new.

Design is more important than age. We were the type that threw in
dishes less tooth picks and bones, anything else and it not a problem.
We eventually replaced our 15 year old Whirlpool because the racks were
deteriorating and plastic coating was becoming brittle and flaking off.
The exposed wire frame rusted and left rust stains on white dishes at
contact points. Since replacement racks were more than half the price
of what we originally paid we bought new and went with Whirlpool again.
We are now on our 3rd Whirlpool DW.
IIRC KitchenAid is now owned by Whirlpool.