Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Watch out Festool and ShopSmith

On Sun, 10 May 2015 10:20:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Not, it is better in the right circumstances. Chances are you'd not
have the kit in the trunk, but did you ever change a tire in the dark
on a country road with no one to hold a flashlight? Where would you
plug in your lights?

How about a camping trip? On a boat?

Perhaps you missed my point. Each of the attachments can be mounted on the "base" so it can imitate a stationary tool: A drill press, a scroll saw, a table saw and yes, a work light on a pole.

At 0:48 he attaches the flashlight to the battery, stands it up on the workbench and alters the angle to show it's versatility.

No, you missed my point. If you are changing a tire on a dark road,
you sometimes need two hands. Unless you stick the flashlight in your
mouth or up your ass, there is no way to hold it and aim it exactly
where needed. A regular flashlight has to be propped up on a rock or
some sort of makeshift holder. This is the holder.

As you point out at 0:48, --- versatility