Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default woodburners tell all

On Wed, 06 May 2015 17:11:19 -0400
Casper wrote:

I use a single Razertip that I got off eBay, used. Love and prefer it
to any other I have tried. I particularly like RT pens and layout of
the burners. Their warranty and support is the best.

it is pricey will have to look for a real good price though

I also have a brand new Colwood Cub with two new pens sitting in my
drawer. Colwood makes good units and pens and their warranty and
service is good. Their pens are decent but I don't care for their pens

i have looked at them

I tried and liked an Optima but since I got the RT at such a great
price, it was a no-brainer. Decent warranty, meh service. Once caveat
is their boxes are plastic, so careful where you put your hot pen.

don't think i know the optimas

I don't like Detailmaster. Any burners with metal pens are silly imo.

they are out of business and the website that was posted earlier is a
scam/fishing website taking orders and charging credit cards but
shipping nothing

If you are burning part-time or low usage, I'd recommend the Colwood
Cub. For more serious burning, the RT, hands-down.

good info to have

If you want a soldier like burner, check out the Walnut Hollow Versa
Tool, the one with the interchangeable tips and temp control. Great
little burner for $25-$30 dollars.

this one i have not heard of but need to check that