Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Resawing on the band saw

HerHusband wrote in
:

Yep, they mentioned it could be worn out tires. I haven't used the saw
that much, but I upgraded to polyurethane tires anyway. I haven't had
a chance to really work with the saw since then.

They said I could remove the alignment pin from the riser, but I was
concerned it would be difficult to get things aligned and keep it
there without the pin.

Then also said I could shim one side of the riser, but I was concerned
that might tilt the upper half at a weird angle.

I still might give those ideas a try when I get the chance, just to
see what effect it has.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com

Don't worry about the pin. If your Grizzly is like my Jet (many are--I
used a Powermatic riser kit), the pin is just an alignment guide. If
it's causing problems, remove it. The big bolt that holds both pieces
together will hold things together just fine.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.