Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Resawing on the band saw

On Wed, 06 May 2015 14:48:47 +0000, HerHusband wrote:

They said I could remove the alignment pin from the riser, but I was
concerned it would be difficult to get things aligned and keep it there
without the pin.

I'm not familiar with the setup, but couldn't you remove the pin, get
everything lined up, clamp it there, and drill a new hole through the
riser and what it sits on?

After getting that all tightened up, I'd be tempted to enlarge the
original holes to where they lined up for a larger size bolt and fasten
it together there as well.