Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Resawing on the band saw

Leon,

He may be trying to cut way too much log for the blade and saw.

Last fall I ripped a well dried 6"x8" beam into boards with a 1/2"
Timberwolf blade. I eventually got several usable boards from it, but
had lots of problems with the blade bowing in the wood. I was cutting
very slowly too, so I doubt the feed rate was an issue.

The key word there is a well dried beam. Your log might be wet in
spots.

The bowing problem occurs with wood that has been drying for 50+ years as
well as fresh green logs. So I don't think it is an issue with the material
I am cutting.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com