Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry Osage Jerry Osage is offline

Default Resawing on the band saw

On Wed, 6 May 2015 05:18:14 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

SNIP

As I mentioned, this is my first bandsaw. I didn't use the saw much during
the first year or two, so I only checked if the wheels were coplaner when I
started having so many problems with the saw.

Snip

Needless to say, I have not had the best experience with this bandsaw...

I keep trying to tune it up so it will work better, buying better blades,
shimming the wheels, installing polyurethane tires, etc. It is usable now,
but still not what I would consider a precision woodworking tool.

Are you familiar with Carter Products? http://www.carterproducts.com/
They have been around forever and started out by producing better BS
wheels. They have some very innovative bandsaw products, however,
that isn't the point. Check out this video. It is by a Carter Rep.,
but he is not trying to sell anything - just telling/showing how he
sets up a BS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU

You might want to put your saw back to "stock" and try his method.

Jerry O.