Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default Resawing on the band saw

On Wed, 6 May 2015 14:48:47 +0000 (UTC)
HerHusband wrote:

I still might give those ideas a try when I get the chance, just to
see what effect it has.

i bet you may have already considered that you got a lemon
it can happen

if the saw structure wasn't properly aged and stress-relieved
it could have a permanent warp
so obviously no amount of shimming or adjusting will keep it aligned

i have a delta and the "C" is two-piece casting
i don't know about your saw but it's possible if it has big
castings that they were not aged or stress-relieved enough
or incorrectly

some manufacturers have been known to rush things out the door and they
don't get the attention they need

maybe if yours it two piece you can adjust it where they meet

when i got my used delta it was still new but had been left outside
for a bit

the previous owner made some cosmetic modifications to it but i
spent some time getting it to cut straight and it is good enough

but i do not do any resawing