Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Resawing on the band saw

Have you contacted Griz? Their support is very good IMO.
I've had zero problems with my G0555 with riser block.

Yep, they mentioned it could be worn out tires. I haven't used the saw that
much, but I upgraded to polyurethane tires anyway. I haven't had a chance
to really work with the saw since then.

They said I could remove the alignment pin from the riser, but I was
concerned it would be difficult to get things aligned and keep it there
without the pin.

Then also said I could shim one side of the riser, but I was concerned that
might tilt the upper half at a weird angle.

I still might give those ideas a try when I get the chance, just to see
what effect it has.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com