Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Resawing on the band saw

I have a Grizzly G0555 band saw. I bought the tall resaw fence and
have tried a few different blades including the 1/2" Woodslicer
blade. I'm currently using a 3/8" wet-wood blade for resawing logs.

how long you had it
i would check the basic assembly of the saw to make sure it was done
with the right amount of TLC

I bought it about 7 years ago. I have checked and double-checked everything
I can think of. I even took everything apart a couple times to make sure it
was put together correctly.

Unfortunately, I have had ongoing issues with the saw since I bought it.
This is the only bandsaw I have ever used, so I figured I just wasn't
setting it up right. I have researched and readjusted numerous times and
still have problems. It doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

That said, I have resawn a lot of wood and have just learned to cut it
fairly oversize and spend more time with a planer.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com