Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Drill attachment in place of chuck?

Electric Comet wrote in news:mi3dbc$tto$1
@dont-email.me:

On Sat, 2 May 2015 12:20:36 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

I have two drill presses in my shop that have never had a drill chuck
on them. They came out of the box and I installed tapping heads in
them instead. I have a third machine (a mill drill) that came to my
shop used with a drill chuck in it, but I immediately knocked the
taper out and installed an MT2-ER25 collet chuck instead.

I need to look into a collet chuck for mine. I have a 3/4-inch shank
end mill bit that i have been wanting to try out

Not sure what you intend to do, but note that drill presses
do not care to have sideways loads applied. That's why
mill cutters are run in mills, not drill presses.

John