Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default Drill attachment in place of chuck?

On Sat, 2 May 2015 12:20:36 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

I have two drill presses in my shop that have never had a drill chuck
on them. They came out of the box and I installed tapping heads in
them instead. I have a third machine (a mill drill) that came to my
shop used with a drill chuck in it, but I immediately knocked the
taper out and installed an MT2-ER25 collet chuck instead.

I need to look into a collet chuck for mine. I have a 3/4-inch shank
end mill bit that i have been wanting to try out

but nothing that's big enough to hold a 3/4-inch shank