Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drill attachment in place of chuck?

On Sat, 02 May 2015 04:43:51 -0700, Dr. Deb wrote:

One last thing, assuming your drill press does have a #2 Morse Taper,
changing the bits will only require a slight tap with the a drift
designed for your drill press, which is a wedged shaped of steel that
slides in the slot on the quill and presses down on the end of the
bit/taper.

I'm amazed that after 20 years or so, I've still got the drift that came
with my drill press - I used it once to see how it worked :-).