Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default may actually buy something from H Ftools

"Bob La Londe" wrote

I know my previous post on HFT started a bit of an uproar with some
people, but there are still some things I buy there. I just ALWAYS check
it before I buy it due to changing quality and specifications. I've got a
bunch of 12" bar clamps I got from HFT that I using on my injecting and
casting test bench for clamping molds when I test them before I ship them
out.

I got a couple of those 12" bar clamps yesterday. I have bought a lot of
them. Cheap at three bucks and do the job. I always check them first
before buying them. The quality varies between them.

With special product coupons, 20% off coupons, and sales you can often get
something from them that is worth what you paid for it. You just have to
shop a bit.

The coupons are nice as are the free gifts. I got a bunch of the FREE HF
flashlights. They are scattered everywhere around here. I have them in the
cars, all the rooms in the house, in the garage and even on bookshelves.
You can never have too many small LED flashlights. They even come with
batteries already installed.

Their too selection is limited. But sometimes they have something unique or
at least I have not seen them before. Case in point is that I needed to cut
up some wire fencing to install on the back of some bean planters. I always
had problems getting my diagonal cutters to cut through the fairly solid
wire fencing. HF had some "extended reach" cutters. Basically regular
cutters with extra long handles. Thereby providing some extra leverage for
the cutting action.

I used them a week ago to make up my new bean planters. The missus is very
happy with the result. Solid wood with a wire mesh back. I got the nicest
bean patch in the neighborhood.