Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:18:02 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 4/20/2015 1:01 PM, krw wrote:

;-) I can't think of an investment that wasn't intended to have a
positive return.
How about life insurance, Mr. investment expert. ;-)

Only criminals "invest" in insurance. For everyone else, it's an
expense. The return is *expected* to be negative. It *has* to be
(for other than one contemplating insurance fraud).

Life insurance can have a great payback if you die at the right time.
Not everyone does though. Poor planning, I guess.

There are also policies that have an investement portion;
where funds in excess of the premium are invested in various
income-generating opportunities. Those funds can be claimed
if the policy is cancelled prior to the death of the covered individual(s).

That was the intent when we bought a policy - but the company has
changed hands/names 3 times and the current company denies the option
exists. Gona rattle some bars.