Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:48:37 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 3:33:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2015 1:01 PM, krw wrote:

;-) I can't think of an investment that wasn't intended to have a
positive return.
How about life insurance, Mr. investment expert. ;-)

Only criminals "invest" in insurance. For everyone else, it's an
expense. The return is *expected* to be negative. It *has* to be
(for other than one contemplating insurance fraud).

Life insurance can have a great payback if you die at the right time.
Not everyone does though. Poor planning, I guess.

Sometimes life insurance policies can "pay off" twice. Once when the owner sells it, then again when the insured passes away.

No, once you sell an insurance policy it's no longer in force. Worse,
the life payout is reduced by the value of the policy. Whole life
insurance is a miserable bet.

See "Life Settlement Contracts", sometimes known as a Viatical settlements.