Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Almost Forgotten

Have a thermometer inside of the sponge - does it get hot inside ?

I suppose you have a weak microwave. You don't have to have the
pan of water in there - just the sponge standing on edge - we make
a triangle and they spin on the internal table. It boils the water
in the damp sponge and kills germs as well. Hot water with boiling
in the pan might not kill. Since 212 isn't hot enough for some.
And that is in the rapidly boiling water. Sponge isn't 212 unless it
stays at that temp for some time.

On 4/19/2015 11:07 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Martin Eastburn" wrote:

Or if you want - instead of boiling water which might put in hard
water... simply put them in the microwave.
That was on one of our labels.

Martin

Problem with my microwave is that it takes longer to boil water
than a gas burner on the stove.

Lew