Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

Jerry Osage wrote in :

I'm not familiar with what Festool had. I've been using a large
shop-vac - which works OK for a few minutes until it gets full. It
also allows the air to get "foggy" with small particles. I'm tired of
everything getting covered with a layer of wood flour.

The HF DC can be upgraded from 5 micron filter bag to a Wynn 0.5
micron cartridge filter. The Grizzly comes with a 1 micron cartridge
with a built in flapper. I may be sorry that I chose a Grizzly 1
micron over the HF upgraded to 0.5 micron, however, if that is the
case I can always put a Wynn 0.5 on the Grizzly.

Jerry O.

One of the shop air filters helps, but by the time the dust is airbourne
it's too late to effectively collect it. Regardless of the tool you
choose, it's worth looking around Bill Pentz's site for dust collection
hoods and ideas.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.