Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/15 1:18 PM, dadiOH wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

Again, how can you deceive someone by clearly labeling exactly how
much is in the jar? I'm not aware of any law requiring mayonnaise
makers to sell it in quart jars.

I wouldn't exactly call it "deception", more like "they won't notice
a slightly smaller jar so we can give them less for the same $$".
Sure, people can check the unit price but most people would never do
that for an item they buy regularly. IOW, the sellers are hoping
their customers won't notice a slightly smaller package. Deception,
no; sneaky, you bet.

I say if people are too stupid no notice and so naive as to "fall for
it," then that's just Darwinism in action.
While we're at it, let's get an entire segment of the population so
hooked on mayonnaise and all this other fattening stuff that we create
an evolutionary change in their DNA that makes them so obese the entire
sub-species goes extinct from heart failure.

We're half way down that path already. If this natural selection also
weeds out the people who have so little stress in their lives that they
see this "deception" as an actual problem that needs to be dealt with,
that's icing on the increasingly smaller portions of cake. :-D

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--