Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/16/2015 6:42 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/15/2015 10:05 PM, krw wrote:

Raising the minimum wage would save billions in subsidies to
McDonalds and Walmart (etc) employees.

Absurd.

I'm not sure Back a couple of centuries ago (1963) I had a minimum
wage job and was able to support myself, pay for college and buy a 2
year old car.

Today, many minimum wage workers are getting subsidized healthcare
and food stamps.

What is different? See my other post bout inflation and comparitive
value. My $1.55 per hour then is equal to $11.89 today. Minimum
wage has not kept up.

How much per hour are the subsidies worth?

Food stamps, (SNAP) is $180/month, healthcare is about $500+ based on
local plans here for a single. That works out to about $4.37 per hour
for 40 hours, 4 weeks. Comes out of our taxes.

Which brings the total for minimum wage and subsidies pretty much in line
with what you earned in 1963. You seemed to do OK, so why all the
hullabaloo among the minimum wage earners for more money? They going to
give up the subsidies (yeah, sure)?

--

dadiOH