Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/2015 1:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 1:02:02 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/16/2015 12:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

How I wish you were kidding me, but I'm pretty sure you are not, and that is sad.

They "hope" the customer does not notice?

How long as this practice been going on? How many articles, TV stories, internet blogs, usenet groups, etc. have covered this issue? Do you honestly think that the companies marketing the smaller packages are sitting around "hoping" the consumer doesn't notice?

But they did get away with it for a long time. It did take a while for
people to notice.

Wait...I'm confused. Are you no longer saying that the companies are trying to deceive us?

As of about 2 hours ago your claim was "The intent is to reduce the package size and hope the customer does not notice we are making more money."

Have you now backed away from that assertion?

They are still trying, but many (not all) have caught on. There are
still some getting deceived, as was the original intent. They are not
suddenly going back to the old size though. You wont' see "Now 32
ounces, yeah, you caught us" .