Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/2015 12:26 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I bought a 6 pack (bottles) of a particular beer I wanted to try.
Picked up the carrier, paid, took it home. At the dinner table I
took a look and the bottle is only 11.2 ounces. Honestly, would you
have thought to check? Beer has been in 12 ounce bottles since I was
a kid and now it is 11.2. Sleazy, IMO. No, I did not buy any more
of it.

Check that label again. I'd bet you a dollar it was bottled in the UK
or Canada.
Aren't you a fan of the metric system? Because that's what's to blame
for that. 11.2oz is 330ml, which rounds of to 1/3 of a liter.

You owe me a buck. It is made about 40 miles from me. It may be a
metric bottle though.
http://spencerbrewery.com/?success=ok

Once again, no one's trying to deceive you. I'm not aware of any US
breweries making the switch yet. But it wouldn't surprise me in the
least, since all of the "Big 3" US beer manufacturers are now foreign
owned companies.

I've not take the time to check, but in the past, imported beer was in
12 ounce bottles sold in the US. Could have changed as I don't buy that
much beer, I do buy one from Canada and it is 12 ounces.