Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/15 9:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/16/2015 12:15 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

The manufacturer is attempting to deceive.

Deceiving you buy clearly labeling the product with the amount
and a price. Make perfect sense. Every village needs idiots.

When people have been buying quart bottles of mayo for 50 years,
most don't look at the jar size every time they buy. Then it
becomes 30 ounces for the same retail price. The purpose it to
raise revenue and hope the customer does not notice. It is
called deception. Perfectly legal. Many people have not notices
until they got home. Sleazy way of doing business, IMO.

I can assure you is wasn't the same price for 50 years. If they are
guilty of taking advantage of idiots, it's the idiots' fault.

If people are too stupid to see the volume or weight CLEARLY
written on the package and then blame the company for ripping them
off, then *that's* the problem with our society, not the size of
the mayo jar.

Of course it wasn't the same price. I don't have a problem with
that. Everything has gone up, including my wages.

Yes, the weight is clearly on the package, but the purpose of the
change is to deceive. You did not answer my question. Do you check
every container every time you buy groceries? Every bottle of
ketchup, can of soup, jar of mayo? Sure, you will catch it at some
point, but it is easy to get snookered one time.

You know something, even IF it could be proven there was clear *intent*
to deceive, like they found emails back and forth in the company saying
that, a judge would laughingly throw the case out because there was
absolutely NO deception.

Not everyone is so brainwashed and mind-numb that they never again look
at the package contents of a product after having done so once back in
1957.

I bought a 6 pack (bottles) of a particular beer I wanted to try.
Picked up the carrier, paid, took it home. At the dinner table I
took a look and the bottle is only 11.2 ounces. Honestly, would you
have thought to check? Beer has been in 12 ounce bottles since I was
a kid and now it is 11.2. Sleazy, IMO. No, I did not buy any more
of it.

Check that label again. I'd bet you a dollar it was bottled in the UK
or Canada.
Aren't you a fan of the metric system? Because that's what's to blame
for that. 11.2oz is 330ml, which rounds of to 1/3 of a liter.

Once again, no one's trying to deceive you. I'm not aware of any US
breweries making the switch yet. But it wouldn't surprise me in the
least, since all of the "Big 3" US beer manufacturers are now foreign
owned companies.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)