Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/15 12:29 AM, Bill wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

I can assure you is wasn't the same price for 50 years.
If they are guilty of taking advantage of idiots, it's the idiots' fault.

I can't advocate for taking advantage of idiots.

If people are too stupid to see the volume or weight CLEARLY written on
the package and then blame the company for ripping them off, then
*that's* the problem with our society, not the size of the mayo jar

Maybe the right question is to ask whether the mayo jar was changed with
the intent "to deceive".

Again, how can you deceive someone by clearly labeling exactly how much
is in the jar? I'm not aware of any law requiring mayonnaise makers to
sell it in quart jars.

There's only so much we can do to protect the stupid from themselves.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--