Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

John Grossbohlin wrote:

...and without mentioning that they also are a very low grade bolt or
screw! I've been sticking to a local hardware store for most of my
fasteners as they stock higher quality fasteners for the professionals
to whom they cater. The funny thing is that the better quality
fasteners at the local hardware store are often significantly less
expensive than the poor quality stuff at Home Depot and Lowe's. Home
Depot and Lowe's have got to be making a killing on fasteners!

I think they offer them more as a "convenience" than as a profit
center. Like a "loss leader".