Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

krw wrote in news:8e4tiatitn86fvmvkokamr148sa7tbcc8a@
4ax.com:

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:46:01 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

I'm with you on that one - and it's become epidemic in
the grocery stores, where almost everything now comes
in some odd size, like 14.7oz in a package that used to
hold 16oz, at the same or higher price.

...and there is a unit pricing sticker on the shelf right under the
box. ...and calculators can be had in the dollar store (or free on
your cell phone).

Yeah, I can do the math in my head, thank you.

In any event, that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that
a) increasing the unit price by decreasing the amount of
product in the same size package is duplictious; and b)
weird sized quantities are simply inconvenient in many
cases.

It's like buying a little package of 3 screws. How often
do you need 3? More often you need 2 or 4. But somewhere
along the line the package downsized to 3.

John