Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Design comments requested

Bill wrote in
:

The last step performed, to achieve "perfect"
reveals, was to plane the front of the drawer. It made me wonder
whether Swingman, and others, do that when they fit inset cabinet doors.

Apologies for jumping into your conversation, but I plane
cabinet doors. I don't get "perfect" reveals (or anything
close) since that's a skill I'm still working on, but
that's the intention.

As an aside, I've found a Yankee spiral screwdriver the
perfect tool for cabinet hinges. You end up installing
and removing the doors a dozen times to get them to fit,
the Yankee screwdriver lets me hold the door with one
hand while screwing/unscrewing with the other, and it's
more controlable on the tiny hinge screws than a power
driver.

John