Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Structural Beam Repair - Rotted Beam

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
dadiOH wrote:

All said and done, I wouldn't worry about using Bondo as a
rotted/missing wood repair

I sure would in this application. Think structural strength. The wood is
already decaying. Bondo is not going to stop that process, so now you are
relying on the Bondo to carry more and more of the weight over time. Bad
decision.

In my first reply I asked Sonny if he wanted to make a strucrural or
cosmetic repair. If structural, I said replacement or reinforcement. For
cosmetic, I mentioned several ways including Bondo. For any filling of a
cosmetic repair of rotted wood, one has to dig out the bad wood.

--

dadiOH