Posted to rec.woodworking
BenignBodger BenignBodger is offline

Default Food safe sealer for raised beds

On 4/1/2015 11:15 PM, MJ wrote:
Just got some cedar raised beds for vegetable garden. The cedar is not finished. I want to preserve the cedar and not have it go "silver", so looking around for a food safe UV sealer.

Several options showed up when I did a Google search: mineral spirits, shellac, etc. (a number of products).

I'm thinking of doing a shellac with a paraffin wax top on the inside of the bed and then a UV stain on the the outside.

Anyone got some other options or thoughts on this?

MJ

Put pond liner inside, making necessary accommodation for drainage, and put
whatever you want outside.