Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanita walking stick?

"Danny D." writes:
dadiOH wrote, on Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:20:36 -0400:

I don't walk that much but it has been YEARS since I changed my cane
tip. But a factor as important as distance is the surface upon which it
is being used...carpet/wood is one thing, a road is another.

This road isn't paved, per se. It's small rocks pressed into tar. They
have a name for it, but it escapes me at the moment. When they retop it,
there are bits of tar gravel for months, all over the cars. So it's a
rough surface.

chipseal

It may be rough immediately after application, but within a few
days, it's as smooth as any other asphalt. I've generally not
had problems with tar on the car, either; at least in San Jose.