Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanita walking stick?

Danny D. wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote, on Tue, 31 Mar 2015 23:27:26 -0400:

Call me dense, but I don't get this. People use canes, crutches and
all sorts of things, everyday - that have rubber tips on them and
they don't wear out even after years of use. What's different about
this particular walking stick?

Good question. This walking stick is mostly used on the roadway, but,
I would think people who use canes use 'em on the roadway as well.

It gets maybe, oh, about three miles a day, which is only about 15
miles a week (roughly, given she only walks weekdays with her
friends), so it lasts roughly 50 to 75 miles.

How long do canes last typically? Do they go a month at 50 to 75
miles?

Hmmmmm... don't really know, but I would intuitively think so. I would
think that as long as it's not being dragged along the roadway as she walks,
that it should easily go that long and longer, but I could be wrong.
--

-Mike-