Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanitawalking stick?

Mike Marlow wrote, on Tue, 31 Mar 2015 23:27:26 -0400:

Call me dense, but I don't get this. People use canes, crutches and all
sorts of things, everyday - that have rubber tips on them and they don't
wear out even after years of use. What's different about this
particular walking stick?

Good question. This walking stick is mostly used on the roadway, but, I
would think people who use canes use 'em on the roadway as well.

It gets maybe, oh, about three miles a day, which is only about 15 miles
a week (roughly, given she only walks weekdays with her friends), so it
lasts roughly 50 to 75 miles.

How long do canes last typically? Do they go a month at 50 to 75 miles?