Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanitawalking stick?

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:37:15 +0000 (UTC)
"Danny D." wrote:

Would you just cover the crack with a wrap of leather string instead?

I'd drill it, wood glue it, bolt it then wrap it in leather

The rubber doesn't last long; but the wife likes it (so I keep
replacing it). If there's a better idea than rubber chair leg
protectors, let me know.

Piece of an auto tire would last

I'd add a flask into also if there's not one already

I always thought the business end was the handle since it becomes
weaponized upon need

But maybe get her a Glock