Posted to rec.woodworking
Melissah Melissah is offline

Default Cleaning 'real' knotty pine paneling

replying to crystalroy82 , Melissah wrote:
crystalroy82 wrote:

Okay y'all my think I'm crazy but I'm going through the same thing & have

ried EVERY household cleaner possible! I have no idea why I tried this (I

uess I was desperate at that time) but cheap Dollar Store window cleaner

w/
ammonia has been a godsend & my walls are finally looking great! The 1st

ime I sprayed the wall you could see all the nicotine, dirt, grime & smoke

soot (had a wood-burning stove when the house was used as a camp) running

own the walls leaving a trail where the cleaner had touched! Needless to

sa
y I started cleaning right then & there, called my husband & told him to

gr
ab 10 more bottles on his way home. He thought I was crazy until he saw

the
difference. My entire 3bdrm/1bath house is all wood, walls & flooring so

was looking for something to clean plus brighten up this place w/o

coverin
g the walls & this is the only thing I have found that works. I hope it

hel
ps them as much as it has me.

I read your post and tried windex. . It worked like a charm!! After
cleaning all the wood I polished it with old English lemon oil and it
looks beautiful.