Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder[_6_] Dick Snyder[_6_] is offline

Default Advice needed for sliding door project run amok

I am building a cabinet with sliding doors (due to space constraints).
It is 36" high, 74" long and made from cherry plywood. I got 1/4" cherry
for the sliding doors that are to run in a sliding door track I
purchased from Rockler.

The plywood I made the doors from was the wrong choice. It started
warping and it very difficult to fit in the sliding door track. The rest
of the project is complete but I need to find a better choice for the
sliding doors (something that is stable and straight). I finished the
doors the same as the cabinet(50/50 blend of Watco natural oil and poly
followed by two coats of poly after the watco blend had fully dried)
but clearly I need to changes horses. Do you have any suggestions for me?

TIA.

Dick Snyder