Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 1:52:07 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
..
One thing nice with becoming older, you learn how to fineness the crowd
a bit better. ;~)

True. And for me, I try to figure out the best way to handle these things without getting myself upset, ****ed off, and off the rail of concentrating on my jobs.

I try to always have a plan "B", and sometimes even "C" regardless of the situation. So in this case, rather than to have one of those nasty, loud cases of self righteous indignation, my plan was simple.

IF... if they were going to keep my drills for almost three months, I was resigned to that. So, I figured when I went to HD to get the replacement hinges I needed I would pick up a new drill, identical to my favorite. To be fair, I would wait until the very last minute which would have given them a couple of months to resolve the issue. I would use it for a couple of weeks as needed, then return it under their "satisfaction guarantee" policy.

Then I could comfortably wait for HD to get the new batteries to me with no stress on my end.

Certainly, age and experience pay off in a big way in these cases as I was only tense for about a day before I came up with plan "B". Once I had plan "B" (the drill purchase/return) then I decided to have some fun at the manager's expense.

It all works out in a much easier fashion for me these days than the old "thunder and lightening" days. Still, I don't always know when my cork is going to pop or what is going to do it, so I try to keep an eye on things and not let myself be put in a position where folks see me lose my composure. These days I would rather suck the lifeblood out of someone a pint at time and enjoy knowing they didn't push my buttons rather than to fire off a long string of profane descriptions of certain body parts being crudely inserted into other certain body parts.

And the results are actually a little better for the most part(not always)when I stay calm and figure the best approach.

Robert