Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

On 3/11/2015 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 12:28:36 AM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
wrote:

I told him what went on at the store, and he was fairly concerned. I
then told him that I knew that a man as busy as he was sorting out his
store wide problems might not have a chance to tend to my small one.
So to take the problem off his back, I offered to call the national
contractor's line in GA and tell them about our conversation, then go
over the customer service issues in the store and we could see how
they thought best to handle my drill problem.

That way (I theorized out loud), if they wanted to write up his
customer service staff for lack of performance he wouldn't get any
blame himself for forced employee discipline other than the fact that
all store activity was his responsibility. I offered the idea that it
was possible that since he had only been there six months they might
give him a pass on his inability to get his employees to do their job
properly. As an added note, I added that after a bit of consideration
I thought contacting the national desk was the thing to do as they
might be able to give him some much needed managerial guidance on his
employees if they had the signal that they were a bit out of control.

After some thoughtful remarks from him, he assured me that he could
take care of it himself on a local level and there was NO REASON AT
ALL to call the national contractor desk. I told him... no problem at
all on my part as I could call them on the way to the next job. In a
way, I told him I thought that having me call might actually be doing
him a favor as it could help corral some of his bad employees without
getting his hands dirty. No favors wanted, needed, or requested he
adamantly told me.

It was all pretty pleasant, really. But he actually looked pretty
upset when I left. But a few days later, I had batteries on my front
porch at my house. So I guess we all stayed friends. ;^)
You silvered tongue'd devil.

Bet you're still grinninG

Lew

Yeah... a little bit!

Years ago I got tired of being the only guy upset with my problems. This is a much better way for me to handle things to keep my blood pressure in check and have a bit of fun at the other guy's expense.

Robert

One thing nice with becoming older, you learn how to fineness the crowd
a bit better. ;~)