Ken Moon

Default Architectural turning?

Arch,
It may be, like so many other occupations, that after a long day at work,
they don't want to sit at a computer and type about it.
They may not have the same enthusiasm to communicate about their "day job"
as the hobby/ semi-pro does.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX
=================================
"Arch" wrote in message
Thank you Owen, for raising this seldom discussed topic. It expands the
ng and probably involves many lurkers. I've also wondered why turners
who work in art, general craft and restoration/industrial turning never
choose to write about the latter. Maybe they are too busy to post, _or
maybe they've had too few questions to answer and don't need to ask any.
I believe restoration/industrial turners are as willing to share their
expertise and trade secrets as the rest of us. Whatever the reasons for
so little ng participation, I don't believe that this huge part of
woodturning is just grim labor, a business/trade with no enjoyment of
comrades or pride of accomplishment.

Thanks Andrew, for your very thorough discussion and insights from your
actual experience. I hope this thread will generate many similar ones,
because this work is what many turners mostly do and IMHO there's a
place and need for them on rcw. Arch

Fortiter,